An ongoing project led by contracts manager, John Duffy, and his team of five operatives.
The hospital required work to the roof covering of its laundry room as it had come to the end of its natural life.
- Prior to the works, the team at Hodgson Sayers was inducted onto the hospital site in line with health and safety practices
- To ensure minimum disruption to the hospital team working within the laundry room regular communication takes place and relevant rooms closed off when working around the roof lights
- Scaffolding control set up around the roof, the existing deck power washed and chippings to be removed
- The deck to be primed and insulation boards fixed along with a vapour barrier
- Sika liquid plastic decothane ultra 20 system required – a high performance product resistant to rain damage which can be applied without use of a flame.
- To replace the roof lights
- Clear glaze products to be used on the roof lantern and the installation of a safe walkway for future maintenance.
The works undertaken in a busy hospital environment were delivered with minimal disruption and within the planned schedule which ensured all stakeholders were more than satisfied with the project.