Following a successful tender process the company was appointed by client, Anchor Trust, to carry out renovation and re-roofing work to care home, Woodhouse Court.
Due to its location next to Marsden beach the building had become weathered in recent years.
- Modernise the look of the building, creating a more seaside beach hut-effect to the outside exterior
- Strip the five roof areas and replace with new tile roofs
- Scaffolding was erected for the work required to the brick gable
- Vertical timber and breathable membranes, kingspan insulated, were installed to provide protection to the gable end
- As an on-going project, the company is liaising with the scheme Manager at Anchor Trust, to ensure that the residents are kept up-to-date with the building repairs and little disruption is caused to their daily lives
The general feedback has been very positive, the visual impact alone has been astonishing, with the sea-facing elevation insulated against the wind and rain, the internal improvement can match the external revitalisation of a remarkable transformation that really comes into its own on a sunny day.