The company was appointed by the Efficiency East Midlands framework (EEM) as part of ongoing work to a variety of projects across Leicester, Nottingham, Northampton and Rugby.
Hodgson Sayers undertook essential roof replacement work to a three-storey block of apartments at Warrington Court, Leicester.
- The team sourced a local scaffolding company and all materials from local suppliers. Leicester Council granted planning permission for the scaffold permits to allow work to proceed safely
- Hodgson Sayers worked closely with Midland Heart who are the client for the planned roof replacement
- The original slate roof coverings were identified through our surveying team as defective. New natural slates were installed with new lead cover flashing and valley details was replaced on a like-for-like basis under current building regulations
- New Velux roof lights were installed to replace existing roof lights
- The whole team worked hard to ensure minimum disruption to residents and also to people living in the surrounding areas
- Road traffic control was set up together with pedestrian control measures as well as safety awareness signage. Letters were also sent to residents detailing the work
Regular meetings to discuss the works programme have been positive. Zero incidents or accidents have been recorded and the projects have been completed within budget.