Appointed by Northumbrian Water, via a competitive tender, for roofing work to Tees House, Stockton-on-Tees.
A team of up to eight operatives worked onsite. The building required an upgrade to the roof coverings.
- The building was suffering from water ingress and wear and tear which needed immediate attention as the full upper floor of offices was out of use.
- It was a complex project due to the scale of the building. Split across three different roofs, each at different heights.
- A designed scaffold was erected and a hand rail was then installed around the perimeter of the building
- A new Sika liquid plastic system was installed to the large single storey roof and two roofs that were five storeys high with a significantly steep pitch.
- The remaining roofs were three storey in height and required stripping off the existing coverings including felt and insulation, installing a vapour control layer, tapered insulation system and a Sika liquid roof covering
- The team installed a mansafe system allowing for easier access for site maintenance going forward
A complex installation, which required high levels of technical skill and proficiency to deliver a quality project within budget despite challenging weather conditions.