An overview of work undertaken during the COVID-19 pandemic. Starting and delivering a project while maintaining compliance with social distancing guidelines and protecting employees and stakeholders.
• Evaluate how the project could be delivered and guidelines and compliance implemented.
• SHEQ department, developed methodology that was clear, understood and auditable
• Employee pre-start meetings to ensure the delivery methodology was understood and they felt safe and comfortable with their protection and that of the site elements
• Procurement of materials. Local supply chains were affected by the lockdown, therefore extended national supply chains were required to ensure the works could be delivered
• Segregate the work area to ensure no potential contamination
• Deliver works to the project specification and budget
Generally, with so many challenges to overcome, this could be viewed with negativity but the comradery of collective collaboration created a positive experience from which everybody gained knowledge.