Hodgson Sayers was appointed via a tender by Efficiency East Midlands to undertake roofing work to 217 bungalows in Spalding, Lincolnshire.
The project commenced in June 2018 and is expected to finish in Spring 2019.
The delivery of the works are managed from our Nottingham office.
- At the outset, Hodgson Sayers held an open day for residents to inform them of the work taking place and to assure them that minimal disruption would occur during the process.
- The properties had major problems to their finlock concrete gutters. They had failed in various locations, creating gaps which had allowed water to get into the cavity walls.
- The team extended the roof structure to install new PVC soffits, fascias and rainwater goods and insulated the void area where cold bridging could occur.
- A metre of the existing roofs on the bungalows was stripped out at eaves level to allow access to carry out a concrete gutter removal. This enabled the installation and extension of roof timers for the soffits and fascias.
- Concrete lintels were introduced across 18 properties. This provided an excellent solution for robust masonry support over door and window openings.
Works are progressing ahead of schedule and the feedback has been positive from all stakeholders.