Industrial roofing and cladding was required to the new-build school.
The team worked to the specifications required for the project by the client, Gateshead Council.
- Industrial roofing was required spanning 1200 sq metres, the walls spanned 800 sq metres – Kingspan industrial cladding
- Scaffolding control was set up around the roof along with safety netting
- A portal frame with steel purlins and a perforated liner panel was fixed onto the roof
- The roofing structure also comprised of rockwool insulation with vapour seal and a Kingspan, Kingzip standard seam composite roofing. Ideal for new build projects, the Kingzip is weathertight, fire resistant and has an efficient structural and durability performance
- The wall cladding required a Kingspan, 1000 micro-rib composite panel
- All work to be completed before pupils start the academic year, September 2017
The finished product looks impressive and as a seat of learning the benefits to the community will be immediate and also sustainable.