Hodgson Sayers is in the second year of a two year maintenance contract with Four Housing. Following the completion of 110 houses by March 2017 work will commence on a further 90 properties from April 2017 in Tweedmouth and Berwick.
The scheme was led by project manager, Keith Sherwin and contracts manager, John Duffy who worked closely with up to 8 squads of subcontractors as well as sourcing local labourers to work on the project.
- The Hodgson Sayers team to work closely with its resident liaison officer (RLO) to keep residents up-to-date with progress. Prior to the work the tenants to be inducted and talked through the project with the RLO
- Safety procedures in place for tenants including keeping windows closed and any pets indoors when work commences
- Scaffolding will be erected whist the renewal of roof coverings takes place. Fascias and gutterings to be replaced. The roofline to be replaced across all properties
- As part of the tender requirements, Hodgson Sayers to work alongside Furness Windows to replace all of the windows to improve the heating of the buildings as well as its aesthetic appearance
- Redundant chimney stacks to be demolished
- External works to take place in the near future – including paths and brickwork repairs
Feedback from tenants was very positive. They were very happy with the help and support offered from the teams involved. Work was completed on time and the cleanliness onsite was of a very high standard.