As part of a framework agreement (EEM0028) with Efficiency East Midlands (EEM) and in conjunction with housing organisation, Midland Heart, Hodgson Sayers was appointed to undertake pitched roof replacements to a further 112 apartments as part of phase two of the project.
A progressive project which has seen a varied team work on the external fabric as the scaffold has enveloped the structure.
- To replace the existing Spanish slate roof covering with a Redland Cambrian slate specification offering a very high resistance to storm damage
- A mechanical hoist was used to transport goods across the eight-storey building
- Due to limited space within the car park timed deliveries were necessary
- The new roofing structure is very robust, is thermally more efficient
- From phase one of the project, residents have been kept up-to-date with the progress and prior to the project commencing letters were sent to homes to inform people about the work.
A challenging project due to the location and space restrictions.It was planned and delivered with controlled professionalism.