Three Mile Inn, Gosforth, Newcastle, is closed to the public as it undergoes refurbishment works. A £5.6 million redevelopment project which will see the popular venue transformed into a 64-bed hotel, bar and restaurant.
Hodgson Sayers was brought into the project by the main contractor to undertake the installation of the flat roof, mansard tiling and installation of the dormer windows to the top floor of the building to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
A team of up to 12 worked on the project including two apprentices.
- To replace and renew the existing roof covering with a felt roof and plain tile covering
- The new venue will consist of 60+ bedrooms and the roofing structure is to be in keeping with the original
- The building consists of mansard, multiple flat roofs, with dormer windows within the pitched roof section allowing high levels of light
- Bespoke cladding has been supplied to help insulate the dormer windows, adding protection to the building
- Custom fabricated powder coated roof detail was added to match the building’s tiles and associated flashings